We’re looking for an experienced mobile developer to join the Yoco team to lead the charge in building out our native mobile payment capabilities.
Yoco is an African technology company that builds tools and services to help small businesses get paid, run their business better, and grow. We believe that by opening up more possibilities for entrepreneurs to be successful, we can help create more jobs, enable people to thrive and help to drive our economy forward.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Build and maintain our core payments SDK and UI (Swift + Kotlin).
- Integrate new card machine hardware into the SDK.
- Provide a platform that allow other parties to integrate Yoco payments into their applications.
- Be a highly technical, hands-on and effective lead for a team of 3 - 5 engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Work with our Product Management, Design and UX minds to ensure that we deliver continuous value to our growing base of customers.
- Do the hard and complicated to make it easier and simple.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- 8+ years as a professional Software Engineer.
- Strong iOS experience including Swift
- A desire to learn Kotlin (or experience) - as we use Kotlin Native as a shared foundation in both iOS and Android.
- You’re passionate about building tools for developers and businesses
- Proven ability in taking a feature or product all the way from conception to completion and release.
- Nurture, mould and lead junior developers.
- You build re-usable solutions that others can use to avoid re-inventing the wheel every time.
Bonus points/nice to have:
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent is highly encouraged.
- Experience with SDK or API design
- Knowledge of multiple programming languages
- Experience leading teams, designing and architecting products, working with customers
- Experience in the payments industry.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife
page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you’re welcome to request feedback.