Yoco is an African Payments company with the vision to help small businesses across the continent and the world better run and grow their business. We are at a key inflection point in our journey: We have just crossed 100.000 merchants in South Africa and are now in an excellent position to execute our vision of expanding our offering to more markets outside of South Africa. To help us achieve that vision, we are looking for a motivated and driven associate to join our expansion team to shape and execute our international growth strategy and ambitions outside of South Africa.
The Expansion Associate will work closely with the Head of Expansion and the Yoco founders to design, shape and execute this crucial part of the Yoco journey going forward. You will play a key role in supporting our expansion all the way from formulating strategy to driving execution and supporting market launches and operations.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Develop and support go-to-market approaches and strategies by combining public and private data, market insights and taking into account general industry and competitor trends from our regions and across the world.
- Take full ownership of the go-to market process – from inception to our first few hundred merchants in a new market
- Develop, coordinate and execute go-to-market approaches (from strategy to merchant qualification to technical integration, to KYC and vetting, onboarding and support) by working with internal and external stakeholders, both remotely as well as in market
- Support in replicating Yoco’s unique customer journey and merchant relationships in new markets through smart partnerships
- Work with on the ground teams in building out, qualifying and onboarding merchants
- Identify and play back key learnings and insights from new markets to the various teams across Yoco
- Collaborate with teams across the company to drive implementation of learnings and troubleshoot merchant issues
- Analyse the competitive environment and identify key individuals and companies of relevance for the success of our activities
- Support in further understanding and developing our next horizon of expansion opportunities
- Actively promote and live up to the Yoco values and company culture.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key role requirements to perform responsibilities
- You’re driven by the vision of helping small businesses across the world thrive
- You have a Technical / Economics / Business or MBA background or you are an entrepreneur yourself
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably in consulting, banking, the financial services industry, other high-growth technology companies or your own business
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart, love getting your hands dirty and solving problems
- Experience in international work environments, both remotely and in person
- Previous experience of successfully developing and growing businesses / business lines / side projects
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional project teams and interact with stakeholders at all levels
- Going the extra mile is part of your DNA
- Analytical, detail-oriented and structured
- Proactive problem solver
- Lifelong learner, loves a challenge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to easily adapt to a number of environments and tasks
- Can drive your own boat: the ability to fearlessly use the resources at your fingertips to resolve challenges especially when you don't know the answer
Bonus points/nice to have
- Previous experience in activities related to geographic and / or regional company expansion
- Previous Experience in the financial services industry, ideally payments
- Strong interest & knowledge of the startup and fintech environment
VALUE PROPOSITION | WHAT WILL YOU BE GETTING?
At Yoco we create space to explore, we keep it simple, we stay connected to our customers and product and work towards mastering our craft. These are our core values and provides every individual at Yoco with an opportunity to grow. To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths.
Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!