Staff Engineer- Backend
Cape Town, Amsterdam, EMEA (Remote)
A Staff Engineer at Yoco is a hands-on, technical leader on an individual contributor career path (open, in the future, to change to a management path). You will be responsible for systems design and architecture, mentoring and best practices.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong experience in backend development
- Ideally 10+ years professional experience as a software engineer, with proven ability to take a feature from concept to production
- Extensive experience designing, architecting and developing systems from scratch ensuring they are scalable, reliable and secure.
- Experienced in leading teams technically, being accountable for the technical vision of a system or product and being a key figure within the technical leadership driving strategy
- Experience guiding and mentoring other developers (not necessarily people management)
- The ability to drive software engineering best practices
- A proven passion for all things software (and some hardware)
- Strong ability to work independently while still being collaborative and inclusive
What makes working at Yoco great:
Yoco is a business built on an agile foundation, and an evolving base of core lessons and principles. We like to refer to these as the Yoco Formula.
The Yoco Formula - how we create value.
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work, and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow.
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team that will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!