Lead Technical Recruiter
Cape Town, Amsterdam, EMEA (Remote)
Yoco is on a mission to help the businesses of tomorrow get started, and get paid – be a part of the team that changes financial services in Africa. Curious. Data-driven. Purposeful. Sound like you? It sounds a lot like us too.
We are an African technology company made up of over 200+ team members globally. All with a bias for boldness, and a passion for simple, progressive solutions. We operate as a distributed company with growing global talent hubs, and will accept applications from Africa, Europe, UK and the Middle East.
We are currently looking to strengthen our People & Culture team to ensure healthy organizational growth and to ensure a great employee experience through world-class management and leadership.
The People and Culture team is looking for an experienced Lead Technical Recruiter that can play both an operational and influencer role in the progression of a world-class recruiting organisation and build a reliable and sustainable technical talent pipeline in a highly competitive market. The ideal candidate will be well networked, innovative and have extensive experience in technical recruitment and managing a technical recruitment team.
Yoco is operating as a distributed company with growing global talent hubs, and will accept applications from Africa, Europe, UK and the Middle East.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Partner with technical leadership which includes the Engineering, Product and Data functions, to deliver on the global acquisition strategy for technical talent.
- Manage the full recruitment life cycle for senior technical roles in the business, deploying proactive sourcing strategies and leveraging off your own professional network.
- Take ownership of the sourcing strategy for technical skill sets across the business, collaborating with the sourcing team and technical recruiters to attract the best available talent globally
- Optimise the use of our hiring toolkit (ATS, recruitment platforms and job boards) to ensure that our recruiting processes are effective and scalable.
- Play an active role in building Yoco’s Employee Value Proposition for Tech Talent and collaborate with the Brand Marketing team to get this message out to the talent market effectively.
- Use data, insights and your own technical talent network to build relevant and sustainable technical talent pipelines and contribute to talent planning.
- Coach and mentor Tech Recruiters and Sourcers in the Recruitment Team
- Manage the workload of the technical recruitment team in order to enable them to thrive
- Train and coach hiring managers on writing technical job specs and conducting interviews.
- Act as a thought partner when it comes to team design.
- Consciously curate a differentiated and unforgettable candidate experience from first contact to on-boarding.
- Collaborate with all members of the recruiting team to ensure optimal delivery of technical recruitment objectives into the business.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Key requirements to perform these responsibilities successfully:
- 7+ years of working experience in full life cycle recruitment with a proven track record as a senior/lead technical recruiter is essential.
- At least 1 year of recruitment team management experience
- Experience recruiting technical talent from across the EMEA Region with a working knowledge of Africa, European and UK markets specifically.
- Experience in fintech and/or startup is required.
- Extensive use of recruiting platforms (Greenhouse ideally) and innovative sourcing channels.
- Experience building and driving social media and online recruiting campaigns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Thought leader that can drive talent decisions supported by data
- Self-directed, willing to experiment and not afraid to fail.
The Yoco Formula:
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Core Behaviours - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don’t let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, subscribe to Exposure Gallery.
You will also be working closely with various leaders across the business, a diverse and passionate group of people.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!